Creamy Mac and Cheese Chicken Soup Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Creamy Mac and Cheese Chicken Soup" recipe we have found so far.
Creamy Mac and Cheese Chicken Soup
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 1/2 c. macaroni
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 4 c. whole milk whole milk
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets (about 4 cups)
- 8 oz. extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- Sliced fresh chives, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through, 6 to 9 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, bell pepper, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Slowly stir in stock, then milk and mustard. Simmer until thickened, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and reserved chicken. Simmer until broccoli is tender and soup is thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 1 minute (this prevents soup from breaking). Stir in cooked pasta. Gradually stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Countryliving