Creamy Poblano Chile and Red Pepper Soup Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Creamy Poblano Chile and Red Pepper Soup" recipe we have found so far.
Creamy Poblano Chile and Red Pepper Soup
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy butter
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (or two if you like things spicy) small dry-roasted poblano chile, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 large red potato, cubed (you can use two if you like your soup thick)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cashews
- 1-1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced jalapeno pepper
- Soak cashews in milk for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion, leek, chiles, red bell pepper, garlic, and potato. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour the stock into the pan with the vegetables. Simmer until the potatoes are falling apart, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour soup into blender in 2 or 3 batches (or use an immersion blender), process until smooth. Return the soup to the pan, one batch at a time.
- In a blender, blend cashews with milk until smooth, adding more milk or water if needed (result should be somewhat thick, but still easy(ish) to pour from the blender), then stir into soup. Heat soup on stovetop on medium heat for a few more minutes.
- For extra heat, garnish slices of jalapeno.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Creamy Poblano Chile and Red Pepper Soup