Crispy Breakfast Pita Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Crispy Breakfast Pita" recipe we have found so far.
Crispy Breakfast Pita
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Pita breads
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4cup mascarpone cheese
- Grated zest of 1/2 large lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3cups arugula or baby spinach
- 8ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Brush each side of the pita breads with ½ teaspoon olive oil and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until crisp.
- Remove from the grill and cool slightly.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan and cook until the egg whites are set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper until smooth. Add the arugula and toss until coated. Spread each pita with 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture.
- Divide the prosciutto on top. Divide the arugula and mound on top of the prosciutto.
- Carefully place a fried egg on top of each pita. Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper, and serve.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Spryliving