Crispy Breakfast Pita Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Crispy Breakfast Pita" recipe we have found so far.
Crispy Breakfast Pita
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Pita breads
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4cup mascarpone cheese
- Grated zest of 1/2 large lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3cups arugula or baby spinach
- 8ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Brush each side of the pita breads with ½ teaspoon olive oil and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until crisp.
- Remove from the grill and cool slightly.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan and cook until the egg whites are set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper until smooth. Add the arugula and toss until coated. Spread each pita with 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture.
- Divide the prosciutto on top. Divide the arugula and mound on top of the prosciutto.
- Carefully place a fried egg on top of each pita. Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper, and serve.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Spryliving