- 4 lbs chuck roast or rump roast
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix 0.7 oz
- 16 oz sliced pepperoncini peppers with juice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 hoagie rolls or 24 slider rolls
- spicy giardiniera or pickled vegetables for serving
Place onion in the bottom of a 6 qt slow cooker.
Brown roast and place on top of onions. Sprinkle with Italian dressing and seasoning.
Add broth and pepperoncini peppers with 1/2 cup of the juices.
Cook on high 5-6 hours or on low 9-10 hours until beef is very tender.
Shred beef using forks and return to the juices. Allow to cook an additional 20 minutes.
Serve over rolls and top with pickled vegetables or peppers.
Saturated Fat: 12g
Vitamin A: 398%
Vitamin C: 32%