Best Chow Mein? Are you wondering how to prepare Chow Mein? Which Chow Mein recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Chow Mein.
Chow Mein Recipe Info
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient Tags: bean sprouts Carrots chow mein noodles Cornstarch green cabbage Green Onions minced garlic minced ginger Oyster Sauce sesame oil Soy Sauce vegetable broth Vegetable Oil water
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Chow Mein Recipe
- 8 cups water, (1.9L)
- 6 ounces dried chow mein noodles, (170g)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce, (45ml)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce , (15ml)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, (5ml)
- 1/4 cup unsalted vegetable broth, (60ml)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, (3g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, (30ml)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, (3g)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger, (3g)
- 1 cup green cabbage, (60g) 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup carrots, (40g) shredded
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, (30g)
- 1/4 cup green onions, (10g) 1 1/2 inch long pieces
In a large pot bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
Add dried noodles and cook according to manufacturers directions, until tender with some chew or al dente.
Drain noodles into a colander and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Drain well and set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable broth, and cornstarch for chow mein sauce. Set aside.
Heat a large wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot add the vegetable oil.
Once the oil is very hot and just begins to smoke, add in garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 20 seconds being careful not to burn the aromatics.
Add the cabbage and carrots, stir-fry until just tender, 2 minutes.
Add the noodles and chow mein sauce. Toss and stir to combine, cook until sauce thickens and coats noodles, 1 minute.
Add bean sprouts and green onions, stir-fry until just tender, 1 minute.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chow Mein