- 8 cups water, (1.9L)
- 6 ounces dried chow mein noodles, (170g)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce, (45ml)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce , (15ml)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, (5ml)
- 1/4 cup unsalted vegetable broth, (60ml)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, (3g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, (30ml)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, (3g)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger, (3g)
- 1 cup green cabbage, (60g) 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup carrots, (40g) shredded
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, (30g)
- 1/4 cup green onions, (10g) 1 1/2 inch long pieces
In a large pot bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
Add dried noodles and cook according to manufacturers directions, until tender with some chew or al dente.
Drain noodles into a colander and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Drain well and set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable broth, and cornstarch for chow mein sauce. Set aside.
Heat a large wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot add the vegetable oil.
Once the oil is very hot and just begins to smoke, add in garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 20 seconds being careful not to burn the aromatics.
Add the cabbage and carrots, stir-fry until just tender, 2 minutes.
Add the noodles and chow mein sauce. Toss and stir to combine, cook until sauce thickens and coats noodles, 1 minute.
Add bean sprouts and green onions, stir-fry until just tender, 1 minute.
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Fat 22g 34%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Sodium 843mg 35%
Potassium 136mg 4%
Carbohydrates 31g 10%
Fiber 3g 12%
Sugar 4g 4%
Protein 4g 8%
Vitamin A 1800IU 36%
Vitamin C 9.9mg 12%
Calcium 30mg 3%
Iron 2.2mg 12%