Cincinnati Chili Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Cincinnati Chili" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 cups water
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- cheddar cheese
- white onion chopped
- beans kidney or chili beans
Add onion and olive oil to a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until onion is tender.
Add remaining ingredients including uncooked beef.
Bring to a boil and skim any fat off the top. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours or until thickened.
Remove bay leaf and discard. Serve over hot spaghetti.
Saturated Fat: 11g
Vitamin A: 2300IU
Vitamin C: 11mg
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Cincinnati Chili