- 8 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and chop apples.
- Melt vegan butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and allow it to melt. Whisk in water, cinnamon, and tapioca flour. After a couple minutes, once sauce thickens a bit, pour over apples and stir to coat. Pour into an 8×8(-ish) baking dish.
- To make oat topping, mix dry ingredients together, then stir in melted butter.
- Pour oat topping over apples, pressing it down with a bit with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, depending on how soft you like your apples.