Grandma's Goulash Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Grandma's Goulash" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jar tomato based pasta sauce approx. 26 oz.
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups water
- 1 green bell pepper optional
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 cups macaroni noodles uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
Add pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, seasonings, bay leaves and green pepper. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
Add in the in the macaroni and continue to simmer, covered, stirring occasionally until pasta is tender (about 20 minutes).
Remove & discard bay leaves. Top with cheese and replace the lid. Let sit about 5 minutes or until melted.
Saturated Fat: 5g
Vitamin A: 650IU
Vitamin C: 28.5mg
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Grandma's Goulash