Hong Kong French Toast Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Hong Kong French Toast" recipe we have found so far.
Hong Kong French Toast
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4 linked brioche buns (or half a brioche loaf)
- 4 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp of plum Jam
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 3 tbsp of full-fat milk
- Unsalted butter for frying
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 small tin of condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- A pinch of five-spice
- Serve with peanut butter ice cream
- Carefully take the brioche and make a small pocket in the bread by inserting a knife halfway into the slice. Next, take a skewer and pierce the brioche all over to ensure the custard mixture can soak through.
- Add one tbsp of peanut butter and one tbsp of plum jam into the pocket of the brioche.
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix the eggs, vanilla extract, five-spice and milk together. Place the brioche into the egg mixture and turn to ensure it is completely covered.
- Heat a large frying pan, add a knob of butter and a splash of vegetable oil (this will stop the butter from burning). Cook the brioche on each side until golden brown, this will take 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and put on a plate, and drizzle with a little condensed milk. Serve with peanut butter ice cream.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Hong Kong French Toast