Best Hong Kong French Toast? Are you wondering how to prepare Hong Kong French Toast? Which Hong Kong French Toast recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Hong Kong French Toast.
Hong Kong French Toast Recipe Info
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient Tags: A pinch of five-spice brioche buns butter full-fat milk large free range eggs peanut butter peanut butter ice cream plum Jam vanilla extract Vegetable Oil
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Hong Kong French Toast Recipe
- 4 linked brioche buns (or half a brioche loaf)
- 4 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp of plum Jam
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 3 tbsp of full-fat milk
- Unsalted butter for frying
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 small tin of condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- A pinch of five-spice
- Serve with peanut butter ice cream
- Carefully take the brioche and make a small pocket in the bread by inserting a knife halfway into the slice. Next, take a skewer and pierce the brioche all over to ensure the custard mixture can soak through.
- Add one tbsp of peanut butter and one tbsp of plum jam into the pocket of the brioche.
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix the eggs, vanilla extract, five-spice and milk together. Place the brioche into the egg mixture and turn to ensure it is completely covered.
- Heat a large frying pan, add a knob of butter and a splash of vegetable oil (this will stop the butter from burning). Cook the brioche on each side until golden brown, this will take 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and put on a plate, and drizzle with a little condensed milk. Serve with peanut butter ice cream.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Hong Kong French Toast