Beetroot Curry Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Beetroot Curry" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1/4 cup curry leaves
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp hot curry powder
- 2 tbs desiccated coconut
- 6 spring onions, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 6 (about 1kg) mixed beetroots, peeled, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 300g wild rice
- Coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- 2 tbs sunflower oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1-2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 tbs curry leaves
- Toast curry leaves, mustard seeds, curry powder and coconut in a large dry frypan with a lid over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Transfer to a food processor and whiz until combined. Add onion, garlic, ginger and oil, and whiz to a paste.
- Return the frypan to medium heat and add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the beetroot and 1/4 cup (60ml) water.
- Reduce heat to low, then cover and cook, stirring for 25 minutes or until sticky. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes or until soft
- Use the back of a spoon to break up tomatoes, then stir in milk and juice. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Season.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain.
- For the temper, heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl lined with paper towel.
- Divide rice among bowls and top with curry, temper and coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Beetroot Curry