For the Batter:
For the Fish:
- Whisk self-rising flour, rice flour, and baking powder together in a bowl. Freeze until ready to use.
- Pat fish as dry as possible. Cut pieces lengthwise to get eight 1-inch thick strips. Place rice flour on a plate and season with salt. Dust fish lightly with the mixture and shake off excess. Cover a plate with crinkled foil to make a quick drying rack; place fish on top.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour beer into the flour mixture and whisk, adding more as needed, until batter is the consistency of thick pancake batter. Dip fish pieces into the batter to coat; lift out and let excess drip off.
- Fry fish in batches until golden brown, dunking occasionally if needed, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 34 %
Cholesterol: 22 %
Sodium: 24 %
Potassium: 16 %
Total Carbohydrates: 14 %
Dietary Fiber: 6 %
Protein: 55 %