Katsu Pork Sandwich Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Katsu Pork Sandwich" recipe we have found so far.
Katsu Pork Sandwich
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the katsu:
- 2 pork loin steaks, fat removed
- 25g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 25g panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the tonkatsu sauce:
- 2 Tsp ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (or Usutah So-su)
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Quarter head chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- Pound each pork cutlet until 1/2 inch thick, almost the size of the slice of bread. Season both sides of each cutlet with salt and pepper. Place the flour, egg and panko in three separate wide dishes. Coat the pork steak thoroughly in the flour, patting off any excess, then into the egg. Then completely coat on all sides with the panko. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Fill a large pan with about 1/4 inch of oil and place over medium heat. Once it has reached 180°C/350°f, add the coated steaks one at a time and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- While they are cooking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Brush both sides of each slice of bread with the tonkatsu sauce followed by the cabbage and fried pork on one side and top with the other slice.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Katsu Pork Sandwich