Mexican Chicken and Rice Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Mexican Chicken and Rice" recipe we have found so far.
Mexican Chicken and Rice
Recipe Yields: 6
Ingredient Tags: black beans Black Pepper Carrots chicken stock chicken thighs cilantro leaves coriander corn kernels cumin Kosher Salt long grain rice minced garlic minced jalapeno Olive Oil paprika Tomato Paste tomatoes wedges white onion Zucchini
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
¼ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon (9 g) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) paprika
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cumin
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) coriander
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 pieces chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (400 g) long grain rice
- ½ cup (70 g) diced white onion, ¼-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon (11 g) minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon (18 g) tomato paste
- 1 cup (155 g) diced tomatoes, ¼-inch dice
- 1 cup (180 g) corn kernels
- 1 cup (180 g) black beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (146 g) diced zucchini, ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup (72 g) diced carrots, ¼-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) kosher salt
- 4 cups (960 ml) unsalted chicken stock
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 limes, cut into wedges
In a small bowl whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, paprika, cumin, coriander, and black pepper.
Pour marinade over chicken set in a baking dish and flip to evenly coat, marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and 1 tablespoon of oil.
Once the oil is hot, add the chicken skin-side down and cook until skin is golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes.
Flip and saute another 2 minutes, transfer chicken to a clean plate.
If using a Dutch oven to cook the chicken, carefully drain the fat, wash and dry the pan.
Heat over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. Once the oil is hot, add the rice and saute, stirring occasionally until the grains are lightly toasted.
Add in onion and garlic, saute until aromatics are fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add in tomato paste, stir to combine and cook 30 seconds.
Add in diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, zucchini, carrots, jalapeno, and 1 teaspoon salt, stir to combine.
Add chicken pieces on top of the rice mixture.
Slowly pour in the chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
If desired, transfer chicken to a sheet pan and broil until skin is crispy 3 to 5 minutes.
Season rice with salt as desired and garnish with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Sodium 1059mg 44%
Potassium 425mg 12%
Carbohydrates 66g 22%
Fiber 5g 20%
Sugar 3g 3%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 2130IU 43%
Vitamin C 12.5mg 15%
Calcium 51mg 5%
Iron 2.2mg 12%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Mexican Chicken and Rice