Best Mini Blueberry Galettes? Are you wondering how to prepare Mini Blueberry Galettes? Which Mini Blueberry Galettes recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Mini Blueberry Galettes.
Mini Blueberry Galettes Recipe Info
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 6
Ingredient tags: all-purpose flour Coconut whipped cream cold vegan butter Cornstarch fresh or frozen blueberries ice cold water organic cane sugar sea salt Vegan vanilla ice cream
Mini Blueberry Galettes Recipe
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 12 Tbsp cold vegan butter (our current preferred is Miyoko’s, but Earth Balance also works // 1 ½ sticks yields 12 Tbsp or 168 g)
- 4-6 Tbsp ice cold water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp organic cane sugar (plus more for topping)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
FOR SERVING optional
- Coconut whipped cream
- Vegan vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and position a rack in the middle of the oven. Also get out two large baking sheets.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour and salt. Cut butter into the flour until well blended using a pastry cutter or fork.
Add chilled water 1 Tbsp (15 ml) at a time and stir until the dough scrapes away from the bowl. This will depend on the flour you use, but usually requires around 4-5 Tbsp. If you add too much water, add more flour to compensate.
Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Without overworking, form into a ball, then divide into four segments if making small galettes, or six segments if making mini galettes.
Working one at a time and adding more flour as needed, use a floured rolling pin to roll each piece of dough out into a rough circle. Use the rolling pin to carefully transfer to the baking sheets (you will need two depending on their size) by placing the rolling pin at one end of the dough and gently folding the dough over the rolling pin. Then lift, transfer, and fold the dough off of the rolling pin onto the baking sheet.
Add blueberries to the dough bowl — no need to rinse it — and toss with sugar and cornstarch. Divide berries evenly among the pies, placing in the center of the dough.
- Next, carefully fold the crust edges up, overlapping them as you go. Try to ensure no cracks remain or the fruit will seep out during baking.
- Brush pies with a touch of water (or melted vegan butter) and sprinkle with organic cane or raw sugar to ensure a golden, crisp crust.
Bake for 20-28 minutes for mini galettes or 28-35 minutes for small galettes, or until the crust is golden brown and the fruit is bubbly. Serve warm with a scoop of vegan ice cream or coconut whipped cream.
Store leftovers loosely covered at room temperature up to 2-3 days, in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month.
- Calories: 383
- Fat: 20.7g
- Saturated fat: 16.1g
- Sodium: 521mg
- Potassium: 102mg
- Carbohydrates: 44.9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 9.5g
- Protein: 4.9g
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Mini Blueberry Galettes