Best Pineapple Fried Rice? Are you wondering how to prepare Pineapple Fried Rice? Which Pineapple Fried Rice recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Pineapple Fried Rice.
Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe Info
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient Tags: black pepper cilantro leaves curry powder fish sauce Green Onions green peas Jasmine rice minced garlic minced ginger palm sugar Pineapple red bell pepper red onion Shrimp Soy Sauce Vegetable Oil water
Scroll down to see full recipe instructions.
Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice, (180g)
- 2 cups water, (480ml)
- 1 pineapple
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, (15ml)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce , (15ml)
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar, (6g)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, (1g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, (45ml)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, (30g)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, (20g)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger, (4g)
- 4 ounces shrimp, (120g, 12 shrimp)peeled and deveined, 31/40 count
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper, (66g) 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup green peas, (65g) fresh or frozen, defrosted
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, (12g)
- black pepper, as needed for seasoning
- cilantro leaves, for garnish
In a 3-quart sized saucepan, add rice and water.
Bring to a boil and then turn down heat to a simmer and cover with a lid.
Simmer rice for 10 to 12 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed and rice is tender.
Remove rice from the heat and allow to sit covered for 5 to 10 minutes.
Fluff rice with a fork and allow to cool while preparing the pineapple fried rice ingredients.
Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise and carve out wedges from both sides of the core.
Carefully cut out the core, to create a hollow bowl.
Scrape the inside flesh with a spoon if needed after removing the core.
Cut the removed pineapple flesh into 1/2-inch pieces, reserving about 1 cup (7 ounces, 200g).
In a small bowl mix together fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and curry powder.
Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat.
Add the vegetable oil, once hot add the onions, ginger, and garlic, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
Add the shrimp and cook until it turns pink in color, about 2 minutes.
Add the bell pepper and peas, cook 1 minute.
Add the rice, constantly stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the fish sauce mixture and stir to combine.
Add the diced pineapple and green onions, stir to combine.
Season rice with black pepper as desired.
Transfer rice into pineapple bowl and garnish with cilantro leaves.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Pineapple Fried Rice