- 1 small eggplant diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 bell pepper green, yellow or orange, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh basil and parsley for serving
Toss eggplant with salt and let drain in a strainer 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
Cook onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat, 2-3 minutes. Add eggplant and cook until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
Cook uncovered 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally until vegetable reaches desired doneness. (Shorter for tender crisp veggies, longer for softer veggies and stewed tomatoes).
Taste and season with salt and pepper to test. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve hot or warm.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 1740%
Vitamin C: 68%