- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot or diced red bell pepper
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 small eggplant sliced
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper or more to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cook onion, garlic, and bell pepper in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat, 4-5 minutes or until tender.
Add crushed tomatoes and seasonings and simmer 15 minutes or until thickened. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cut vegetables to 1/8″ thickness.
Pour sauce into a 2 qt baking dish. Arrange sliced vegetables standing up on their sides over the sauce. Brush with remaining olive oil.
Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve hot or warm.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Vitamin A: 1095IU
Vitamin C: 43mg