- 4 ounces dry egg noodles or ramen noodles (seasoning packets discarded), or 8 oz fresh egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces medium shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 4 cups coleslaw mix or finely sliced cabbage
- ½ red or yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well, do not rinse.
Meanwhile heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt & pepper. Add to the pan and cook just until it begins to turn pink, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add more oil if needed and add coleslaw mix and bell pepper to the pan. Stirfry 3-4 minutes or until it begins to soften. Add ginger and garlic to the pan and cook 30 seconds more.
Stir in shrimp and sauce. Cook until shrimp is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add noodles and toss well to combine.
Saturated Fat: 3g
Vitamin A: 552IU
Vitamin C: 47mg