Best Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe? Are you wondering how to prepare Slow Cooker Turkey Chili? Which Slow Cooker Turkey Chili recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Slow Cooker Turkey Chili.
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient Tags: apple cider vinegar beans Black Pepper butternut squash Cheddar cheese chicken stock chili powder cloves garlic cumin green onion ground turkey jalapenos Kosher Salt Olive Oil paprika sour cream tomatoes yellow bell pepper yellow corn kernels yellow onion
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 jalapeños
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, (45ml)
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound ground turkey, (454g)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups butternut squash, (330g) diced, ¼-inch cubes
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, canned, with liquid
- 15 ounces kidney beans, can, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup yellow corn kernels, (143g) raw, canned, or frozen
- 3/4 cup yellow bell pepper, (110g) ¼-inch dice
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock, (240ml)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, (120ml) for garnish
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, (60g, 2 ounces) grated, for garnish
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced, for garnish (optional)
Place peppers on a foil-lined sheet pan.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil to lightly coat the jalapeno peppers.
Broil for 5 minutes about 5-6 inches from the top of the oven.
Flip peppers and broil another 5 minutes until brown and blistered on both sides. Remove and allow to cool.
Remove the stem and seeds of the roasted pepper, mince and add to the slow cooker.
In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Stir to combine.
Microwave mixture for 2 minutes, then stir. Cook 2 more minutes, then transfer to the slow cooker.
Warm 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Add ground turkey, black pepper and salt, cook until meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Break up the meat with a spoon, but leave some larger chunks. Transfer to slow cooker.
Add butternut squash, tomatoes and the juice, beans, corn, bell pepper, apple cider vinegar and chicken stock to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook until squash is tender on high setting for 3 to 4 hours, or low setting for 5 to 6 hours.
Taste chili and season with salt and pepper as desired. Add more chicken stock if needed.
Serve hot. Garnish with green onions, cheddar cheese and green onions if desired.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Slow Cooker Turkey Chili