- 4 large squash, yellow and zucchini
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 13 1/2 ounces coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, or honey
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 pound shrimp, medium sized, 16/20 count
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Prepare the vegetable noodles by using a spiralizer or slicing the squash lengthwise into ¼” slices, then cut into ¼” wide strips. A vegetable peeler can also be utilized for the carrots to cut long thin strips. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, saute the red curry over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk, maple syrup and fish sauce. Stir and allow to simmer for 5 minutes until hot. Taste curry sauce and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Season shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, toss to combine. Add shrimp to the pan with curry sauce and cook over medium heat until no longer translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Turn off heat.
- In a separate large saute pan, heat one tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and cook until crisp tender, occasionally tossing, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- To plate- Divide the vegetable noodles evenly into bowls. Add shredded cabbage in each bowl. Top with shrimp and some curry sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro and black pepper.
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Fat 19g 29%
Saturated Fat 15g 75%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g
Cholesterol 172mg 57%
Sodium 1112mg 46%
Potassium 663mg 19%
Carbohydrates 19g 6%
Fiber 4g 16%
Sugar 9g 10%
Protein 27g 54%
Vitamin A 11550IU 231%
Vitamin C 45.4mg 55%
Calcium 90mg 9%
Iron 3.4mg 19%