- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Season pork roast with salt and pepper to taste, then place on a rack in an open roasting pan, rib ends down.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 2 hours. Roast will be only partially cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cranberries and sugar and mix well; set aside. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery and saute until tender, about 10 minutes. Add cranberry mixture, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, bread cubes, apples, apple juice, egg and poultry seasoning. Toss well.
- After the two hours, remove roast from oven. Turn rib ends up and fill cavity with cranberry/apple stuffing. Insert meat thermometer between two ribs in the thickest part of the meat, making sure that end of thermometer does not touch any bone.
- Return stuffed roast to oven and continue roasting at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 1 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature of meat reaches 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). (Note: If stuffing becomes too brown, cover it with aluminum foil.)
- To Serve: Place roast on warm platter and let stand for 15 minutes for easier carving. Slice between ribs to carve, and serve with stuffing.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 57 %
Cholesterol: 64 %
Sodium: 42 %
Potassium: 24 %
Total Carbohydrates: 14 %
Dietary Fiber: 15 %
Protein: 100 %