Spicy Chorizo Enchiladas Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Spicy Chorizo Enchiladas" recipe we have found so far.
Spicy Chorizo Enchiladas
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 long red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 chorizo, casing removed, crumbled
- 1 tsp each smoked paprika (pimenton), ground cumin, ground coriander seeds and dried oregano
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 300g fresh ricotta
- 2 tbs finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Micro parsley and micro red vein sorrel, to serve
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (75g) chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- To make the omelettes, whisk eggs and chickpea flour in a bowl with 1/2 cup (125ml) water and 1 tsp salt until smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a 22cm non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup (80ml) batter, swirling to coat pan and form a very thin pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then turn out onto prepared tray. Repeat with remaining oil and batter to make six pancakes. Set aside until needed.
- To make the filling, heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery, and cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until softened and light golden. Add chilli and chorizo. Cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes or until chorizo has broken down. Add spices, oregano, lentils, tomatoes and 1 cup (250ml) water. Cook, stirring frequently, for 50 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Season, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spread one half of each pancake with ricotta, then divide lentil mixture among each. Fold in half to enclose and place on a baking tray. Top with grated parmesan and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Top with micro herbs and extra parmesan to serve.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Spicy Chorizo Enchiladas