Swedish Meatballs Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Swedish Meatballs " recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 250g beef mince
- 150g pork mince
- 2 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30g butter, plus some extra
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 200ml milk
- 750g baby potatoes
- A few fresh dill sprigs, roughly chopped
- Lingonberry sylt, to serve (available in good Swedish food stores or try Ikea)
- Combine the minced beef and pork in a bowl with the breadcrumbs, onion and egg. Season with a generous pinch of salt and black pepper and form into 24 bite-sized meatballs.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan until foaming and fry the meatballs for 10–12 minutes, making sure to turn half way through the cooking time. Remove the meatballs from the pan, place on a plate, cover and set aside.
- Add the flour to the hot butter and crusty bits still in the pan and whisk to combine. Still whisking, add the milk, a little at a time, until it is all combined. Simmer for 2–3 minutes until the sauce has thickened then season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10–15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and toss with a good knob of butter and the chopped dill.
- Serve the meatballs with the sauce, a few dill spring potatoes and a hearty dollop of ruby-red lingonberry sylt.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Swedish Meatballs