Tofurky Pot Pie Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Tofurky Pot Pie" recipe we have found so far.
Tofurky Pot Pie
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced into rings
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (can sub gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup leftover gravy or broth (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage, plus additional for brushing
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups diced, cooked turkey or Tofurky (for vegan and vegetarian)
- 1 package defrosted puff pastry (see Puff Pastry Options in post above)
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the leek and sauté until soft. Add the potatoes, celery, green pepper, and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the flour and stir to cook through. Whisk in the broth or gravy and continue to stir as it thickens.
- Whisk in the milk beverage, thyme, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- When the mixture thickens slightly stir in the frozen peas and corn.
- Turn the heat off, stir in the turkey or Tofurky, and let the filling cool to room temperature.
- Roll the pastry to a ¼-inch thickness and large enough to cut out 4 circles to cover 4 single-serve baking dishes.
- Spoon the filling into your baking dishes, and stretch the pastry over top to cover. Brush the pastry with a little milk beverage.
- Place the pot pies on a baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Tofurky Pot Pie