Tofurky Pot Pie Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Tofurky Pot Pie" recipe we have found so far.
Tofurky Pot Pie
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced into rings
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (can sub gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup leftover gravy or broth (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage, plus additional for brushing
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups diced, cooked turkey or Tofurky (for vegan and vegetarian)
- 1 package defrosted puff pastry (see Puff Pastry Options in post above)
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the leek and sauté until soft. Add the potatoes, celery, green pepper, and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the flour and stir to cook through. Whisk in the broth or gravy and continue to stir as it thickens.
- Whisk in the milk beverage, thyme, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- When the mixture thickens slightly stir in the frozen peas and corn.
- Turn the heat off, stir in the turkey or Tofurky, and let the filling cool to room temperature.
- Roll the pastry to a ¼-inch thickness and large enough to cut out 4 circles to cover 4 single-serve baking dishes.
- Spoon the filling into your baking dishes, and stretch the pastry over top to cover. Brush the pastry with a little milk beverage.
- Place the pot pies on a baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Tofurky Pot Pie