Tortilla Soup with Roasted Poblanos Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Tortilla Soup with Roasted Poblanos" recipe we have found so far.
Tortilla Soup with Roasted Poblanos
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the Soup:
6 Poblano Peppers green
3 Tbs Coconut Oil
4, 6″ Corn Tortillas cut into 1″ strips
2 Cloves of Garlic minced, about 2 tsp.
1/4 C White Onion diced, about 1/4 of an onion
1 Tbs Pickled Jalapeño Pepper minced (for intense heat – optional)
2 C Sweet Corn fresh or frozen (reserve 1/4 C for garnish – optional)
28 oz Can of Whole or Diced Tomatoes
3 Tbs . Tomato Paste
2 tsp Ground Cumin
1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
4 C Vegetable Broth
For Garnish and/or Serve With:
Fried corn tortilla strips or tortilla chips
Diced pickled or fresh jalapeño peppers
Pico de Gallo
- Preheat oven to broil. Destem, deseed poblanos. Cut poblanos in half and lay on a sheet pan (in the pictures above I used a silpat but I roasted at a lower temperature – when broiling simply lay the poblanos directly on a sheet pan). The flatter the poblanos, the better. Broil the poblanos for about 10 minutes on the second to highest rack and until poblanos are blistered. Remove from oven and place in a covered container for at least 15 minutes (this will make it easier for the skin to peel off). Once cool enough to handle, peel blistered skin off and slice the poblanos into 1″ strips (this step can be done up to two days ahead). Set aside.
- In a 4 quart saucepan add the oil on medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the cut tortilla pieces to the hot oil. Stir frequently on medium-high until strips are crisp (a bit of sticking here is ok).
- To the tortilla strips add the minced garlic, onion, and optional jalapeño pepper. Saute’ for about 2 minutes on medium, stirring frequently.
- To the tortilla mixture, add 1/2 the corn, tomatoes, paste, veggie broth and all spices and salt. Bring to a simmer, stir and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and using an immersion blender (or other), blend until soup is smooth and creamy.
- Return to heat on low, add the corn and poblano peppers. Warm through, about 5 minutes on low.
- Garnish with limes, tortilla strips, avocado, corn, cilantro. Serve with warm, soft tortillas and pico de gallo.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Vanilla and Bean