- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 large egg (or 1 Tablespoon flaxseed for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, half the walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add in the milk, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and grated zucchini. Stir well to combine.
- Carefully pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Scatter the remaining walnuts across the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is nicely golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion and serve. I like topping mine with peanut butter or almond butter and a splash of milk.