- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 leaves basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 8 cups zucchini, cut into noodles (about 4 large)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
In a small bowl combine diced tomatoes, one teaspoon minced garlic, one teaspoon olive oil, sliced basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Cut each zucchini into noodles using a spiralizer or into 1/8-inch thick long strips.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Once the oil is hot, add one teaspoon garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the zucchini noodles and saute for 5 minutes, until just tender.
Add in 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, one teaspoon parsley and toss to combine.
Taste the noodles and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Turn off heat and set aside, keeping warm until ready to serve.
Slice each chicken breast in half to create two thinner pieces. Season each side lightly with salt and pepper.
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
Once hot, add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook the other side for 3 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
Reduce heat to low, top each piece of chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cover for 1 minute to allow the cheese to melt.
To serve divide the noodles evenly among 4 bowls. Add chicken and top with bruschetta. Enjoy!
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Cholesterol 92mg 31%
Sodium 344mg 14%
Potassium 672mg 19%
Carbohydrates 10g 3%
Fiber 3g 12%
Sugar 5g 6%
Protein 29g 58%
Vitamin A 1000IU 20%
Vitamin C 58.6mg 71%
Calcium 220mg 22%
Iron 0.9mg 5%