Cheesy Wiener Schnitzel with Velvet Mash Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Cheesy Wiener Schnitzel with Velvet Mash" recipe we have found so far.
Cheesy Wiener Schnitzel with Velvet Mash
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4 pork loin steaks approx. 150g each, cut in half and beaten until thin
- 8 slices of gruyere cheese
- 4 slices of smoked ham
- 4 heaped tsps of Dijon mustard
- Sea salt & ground black pepper
- Butter, for frying
- 1 tbsp oil, for frying
- Parsley, to garnish
For the coating:
- 2 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g plain flour
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
For the velvet mash:
- 1kg floury potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 100ml milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- A small handful of chives, finely chopped
- Salt & white pepper
- Lingonberry jam (optional)
- 1-Lay the pork steaks on a chopping board and season. Dollop and spread a teaspoon of mustard on each piece of pork. On each piece of pork, place a slice of cheese, followed by a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. Add another piece of the meat over the cheese and press down.
- 2-Place the beaten egg, flour and breadcrumbs in three shallow bowls. Season the flour with salt and ground black pepper.
- 3-Working with a wet and dry hand, dip each pork schnitzel in flour, followed by egg, followed by breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- 4-Melt the butter and oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and fry the schnitzels for 6 minutes either side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- 5-Place the potatoes in a pot of cold water and season with salt. Cover with a lid and bring to a steady boil, cooking for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- 6-Place the butter and milk in a small saucepan until warmed through and the butter is melted. Drain the potatoes and pass through a potato ricer into a mixing bowl (or use a potato masher to mash until smooth).
- 7-Stir in the warm cream and butter mixture and mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir through the olive oil and chives.
- 8-Serve each schnitzel with a generous dollop of velvet mash, lingonberry jam and a sprig of parsley.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Cheesy Wiener Schnitzel with Velvet Mash