Creamy Pork Stew Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Creamy Pork Stew" recipe we have found so far.
Creamy Pork Stew
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient Tags: apple cider apple cider vinegar Apple Juice Carrots Cayenne Pepper Chicken Broth cloves minced garlic dijon mustard dried bay leaf fresh chives Freshly Ground Black Pepper green peas Heavy Cream horseradish leaves matchstick-cut apple strips pork shoulder sprigs fresh rosemary sprigs thyme stalk celery Vegetable Oil Yellow Onion
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Season pork chunks generously with salt and pepper. Toss to distribute seasonings evenly.
- Heat vegetable oil in pot over high heat. Brown pork in batches so meat isn’t crowded, about 7 minutes total time per batch. Transfer pork to a plate. Cook onions in same pot; cook and stir until they start to turn translucent and edges get brown, 3 or 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in apple cider and apple cider vinegar.
- Raise heat to high. Stir in mustard and horseradish. Transfer browned pork pieces back to pot, along with accumulated juices. Pour in cream and chicken broth to cover. Add sage, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf. Season with a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat, cover, and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Add celery, carrots, black pepper and cayenne.
- Simmer uncovered on low until meat is tender, about 1 hour. Add green peas. Simmer another 10 minutes. Optional: for a thicker sauce, raise heat and simmer until sauce is reduced, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish individual servings with apple strips and chopped fresh chives.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Creamy Pork Stew