- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14 oz, with juices
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 package fresh cheese-filled tortellini 12 oz
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, chopped or kale
- 1 bay leaf
- parmesan for serving
Season chicken with salt & pepper.
In a large dutch oven, cook onion and chicken until browned (chicken does not need to be cooked through).
Add seasonings, chicken broth, tomatoes, carrots, celery, and bay leaf. Simmer 10 minutes.
Remove the bay leaf. Stir in tortellini and spinach, simmer an additional 7 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
Garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Vitamin A: 3449%
Vitamin C: 20%