VEGGIES + CHICKPEAS
- 1 large sweet potato, skin on, cut into wedges (organic when possible)
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage (or sub cauliflower or other seasonal vegetable)
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and dried
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp avocado or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp curry powder (or store-bought)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 cups kale (or other green)
- 1/4 cup tahini, DIVIDED (or sub Lemon Tahini Dressing, Green Curry Tahini Dressing, Mango Chutney, or Green Chutney)
- Sesame or hemp seeds (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
Preheat oven to 410 degrees F (210 C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Add sweet potato wedges, cabbage, and chickpeas to the pan. Top only the veggies (not the chickpeas) with the diced onion. Then sprinkle garlic and ginger over the whole pan (including the chickpeas).
Drizzle with oil, sprinkle on salt, curry powder, and garam masala.
Use your hands to toss each section (sweet potatoes, cabbage, and chickpeas separately), to fully coat with oil and seasonings. Add more of either as needed.
Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven, toss chickpeas and cabbage (separately), and flip sweet potatoes to ensure even baking. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are golden brown and tender, cabbage is tender, and chickpeas are golden brown and slightly crispy.
To serve: Steam kale or massage with lemon juice and olive oil and divide between plates, then top with sweet potatoes, cabbage, and chickpeas. Drizzle on the tahini (or dressing of choice) and serve. Sesame seeds, lemon wedges, or cilantro make nice additional garnishes (all optional).
- Calories: 581
- Fat: 33.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Sodium: 894mg
- Potassium: 964mg
- Carbohydrates: 60.7g
- Fiber: 16.1g
- Sugar: 13.2g
- Protein: 16.7g