Classic Hot Toddy Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Classic Hot Toddy" recipe we have found so far.
Classic Hot Toddy
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ ounces whiskey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey, to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1 lemon round
- 1 cinnamon stick (otional, for garnish)
- In a teapot or saucepan, bring the water to a simmer. Pour the hot water into a mug.
- Add the whiskey, 2 teaspoons honey and 2 teaspoon lemon juice. Stir until the honey has disappeared into the hot water. Taste, and add 1 teaspoon honey for more sweetness, and/or 1 teaspoon more lemon juice for more zing.
- Garnish with a lemon round and cinnamon stick (if using). Enjoy!
MAKE IT VEGAN: Substitute maple syrup for the honey.
CHANGE IT UP: Instead of whiskey, use brandy or dark/spiced rum. For extra flavor, you could also steep 1 tea bag (green or black tea) in the hot water for 2 to 3 minutes, or add a splash of apple cider. Change up the garnishes by adding a slice of apple or fresh peeled ginger, whole cloves or anise.
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT: I love my glass mugs (shown) from Crate and Barrel, and this stainless steel jigger is great for measuring liquor. (Those are affiliate links.)
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Cookie+Kate