- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 chicken breasts diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced/grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions sliced, whites & greens separated
- 8 ounces water chestnuts diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper diced
- lettuce leaves iceberg or butter lettuce for serving
- toppings as desired
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce plus extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
Combine diced chicken with cornstarch. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and the whites of the green onions and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add chicken and cook until almost cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Add water chestnuts, bell pepper and sauce. Simmer 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
To serve, place a scoop of the warm chicken filling in a lettuce leaf. Add desired toppings and drizzle with a little bit of hoisin sauce.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 268IU
Vitamin C: 12mg