- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel the potatoes and slice off the ends so you can stand the potato upright. Cut the potatoes equally in half once more.
- In a large oven safe skillet add vegetable oil and set over medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot add the potatoes flat side down. Cook the potatoes until they are golden brown on the bottom, about 6-8 minutes per side. Add butter to pan before browning second side.
- Pour the chicken stock, butter, and thyme sprigs into the pan and place the pan into the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with kosher salt, and black pepper.
Saturated Fat: 10g
Vitamin A: 199%
Vitamin C: 13%