Best German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelkloesse) Recipe? Are you wondering how to prepare German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelkloesse)? Which German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelkloesse) recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelkloesse).
German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelkloesse) Recipe Info
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelkloesse) Recipe
- 2 large russet potatoes
For the Croutons/Crumbs:
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool until easily handled.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add bread cubes; cook and stir until golden brown and crunchy, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer bread to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Reserve the browned butter in the pan.
- Peel potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Mash and season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg. Stir in eggs and mash until combined. Add flour; stir just until flour disappears. Do not overmix dough.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a simmer. Dampen hands with water and scoop a spoonful of the dough onto your palm. Shape into a circle, make a light indentation in the center, and place 2 or 3 croutons inside. Roll into a smooth ball, sealing in the croutons. Repeat with remaining dough and croutons.
- Use a large spoon to lower dumplings into the simmering water, one at a time. Cook until they float to the top, 1 to 2 minutes. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until set, flipping dumplings over halfway, until 20 minutes.
- Place dumplings on a serving plate. Drizzle with reserved browned butter. Crumble remaining croutons on top and garnish with chives. Let dumplings firm up slightly before serving, about 10 minutes.
More Side Recipes
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelkloesse)