Southern Potato Salad Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Southern Potato Salad" recipe we have found so far.
Southern Potato Salad
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 3 pounds Russet, Yukon gold or red potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles chopped, or sweet relish
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 hard-boiled eggs shelled and diced
- 4 green onions finely diced
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Set over high heat and cook just until fork tender. Be careful to keep an eye on the potatoes because if they overcook they will get mushy.
When the potatoes are soft, drain them in a strainer and let them cool while you prepare the other salad ingredients.
In a large mixing bowl add mayonnaise, yellow mustard, chopped pickles, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and garlic powder. Whisk to combine.
Add the potatoes to the mixing bowl along with the diced hard-boiled eggs, green onions, and celery. Stir gently to combine.
Taste and season with the desired amount of kosher salt and black pepper.
Saturated Fat: 4g
Vitamin A: 334IU
Vitamin C: 16mg
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Southern Potato Salad