Herbed Chicken Marsala Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Herbed Chicken Marsala" recipe we have found so far.
Herbed Chicken Marsala
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Four 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil; not rehydrated), finely chopped or very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 10 ounces white button or cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup sweet marsala wine
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place the chicken cutlets between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet (or the flat side of a chef’s knife) until about 1/3 inch thick. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Put the flour on a medium plate. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the chicken in the flour to fully coat, shaking off any excess. Add the chicken to the skillet and fry until fully cooked and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add 1/2 cup of the broth, the sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary to any remaining drippings in the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute to plump the tomatoes. Add the mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the marsala and bring to a boil. Add the remaining 1/4 cup broth and the butter and simmer until the butter is fully melted, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture and sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
This recipe uses regular whole wheat flour, but for a slightly more refined coating, whole wheat pastry flour can be substituted.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Herbed Chicken Marsala