Best Hot & Sour Chicken Broth? Are you wondering how to prepare Hot & Sour Chicken Broth? Which Hot & Sour Chicken Broth recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Hot & Sour Chicken Broth.
Hot & Sour Chicken Broth Recipe Info
More Chicken & Beef
Hot & Sour Chicken Broth Recipe
- 2 shallots
- 3 sticks of lemongrass
- 5 cm ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 fresh red chillies
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander , (15g)
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- groundnut oil
- 1.75 litres light organic chicken or vegetable stock
- fish sauce
- 3 limes
- 1 large handful of beansprouts , (ready to eat)
- Peel and finely dice the shallots, then remove the outer leaves from the lemongrass and finely chop the remainder.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger and garlic, and finely slice the chilli. Pick the coriander leaves, then trim and shred the spring onions and set aside. Next, cut the chicken into finger-width strips.
- Gently sweat the shallots in a splash of oil until soft. Throw in the lemongrass, ginger and garlic, and fry for 1 minute. Add the stock and most of the chilli.
- Add the chicken and simmer for about 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add a splash of fish sauce and squeeze in the lime juice.
- Taste and add more fish sauce, lime juice or chilli as needed. At the last minute, add the coriander, beansprouts and spring onions, then divide between bowls.
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturates: 1g
- Sugars: 1.9g
- Salt: 0.6g
- Protein: 26.7g
- Carbs: 2.6g
- Fibre: 0.3g