Best Hot and Sour Soup? Are you wondering how to prepare Hot and Sour Soup? Which Hot and Sour Soup recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Hot and Sour Soup.
Hot and Sour Soup Recipe Info
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient Tags: bamboo shoots chicken stock chicken thighs Chinese black vinegar Cornstarch egg firm tofu Green Onions honey hot chili oil KOSHER SALT minced garlic minced ginger mushrooms sesame oil Soy Sauce Vegetable Oil water white pepper
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, (15ml)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, (3g)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger, (3g)
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, (113g) 1/8-inch thick slices
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock, (960ml)
- 2 ounces shiitake mushrooms, (60g) 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, (45g, 1 1/2 ounces) finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar, (30ml)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce , (5ml)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, (5ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (8g)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, (16g)
- 1/4 cup water, (60ml)
- 8 ounces firm tofu, (227g) cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper, (2g)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, (11g) thinly sliced
- hot chili oil, (optional)
Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil, once hot add the garlic and ginger, saute for 30 seconds.
Add sliced chicken, saute until cooked through, 2 minutes.
Add chicken stock and turn heat to medium-high, bring the stock to a simmer.
Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and salt, stir to combine, simmer for 5 minutes.
Add tofu and cook for 1 minute.
Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Gradually add to the soup, stirring constantly until the soup is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat and drizzle in the whisked egg. Use a spoon to stir the soup using figure-eight motions, until you see strands of eggs appear.
Add in the white pepper, stir to combine. Taste soup and adjust salt, pepper, and vinegar to taste.
Garnish the soup with green onions and chili oil if using.
More Chicken & Beef
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Hot and Sour Soup