- 2 lbs chicken thighs bone-in, skin on (approx. 6 thighs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 thick slices onion
- Combine spices in a small bowl. Season chicken with spice mixture.
- Turn a 6QT Instant Pot onto saute. Add olive oil and heat 1 minute.
- Place 1/2 of the chicken skin side down in the instant pot and cook 3-4 minutes or until crisp and it releases easily from the pan. Repeat with remaining chicken adding more oil if needed. Turn Instant Pot off. *see note for frozen thighs
- Add chicken to the bottom of the pot and scrape any brown bits. Add onion slices.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and place thighs skin side up on the trivet.
- Select manual and cook on high pressure for 9 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes. Release any remaining pressure.
- Optional: Place chicken on a foil-lined pan and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes to crisp skin. Serve with juices from the Instant Pot.
Saturated Fat: 7g
Vitamin A: 118%
Vitamin C: 4%