- 1 1/2 cups water, (360ml)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup Israeli couscous, (150g, 5 1/4 ounces) pearl couscous
- 4 cups baby tomatoes, (600g, 21 ounces) cut in half
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, (75g, 2 3/4 ounces) pitted, sliced
- 1/2 cup minced shallots, (67g, 2 1/4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, (5g)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, (30ml)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, (120ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, (4g)
- 1 tablespoon sliced basil, (2g)
- black pepper, as needed for seasoning
Bring water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous and reduce heat to a simmer.
Cover and cook until the water is absorbed in the couscous, 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the couscous sit for 5 minutes, and then fluff with a fork.
Combine the cut tomatoes, olives, shallots, garlic, red wine vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Slowly and carefully add the tomato mixture to the pan.
Saute and cook until to tomatoes are softened and sauce forms, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the cooked couscous, parsley, and basil to the tomatoes, stir to combine.
Taste and season with more salt and pepper as desired.
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Fat 16g 25%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Sodium 853mg 36%
Potassium 70mg 2%
Carbohydrates 33g 11%
Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 5g 10%
Vitamin A 65IU 1%
Calcium 22mg 2%
Iron 0.6mg 3%