Israeli Couscous with Tomato and Olives Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Israeli Couscous with Tomato and Olives" recipe we have found so far.
Israeli Couscous with Tomato and Olives
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 1/2 cups water, (360ml)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup Israeli couscous, (150g, 5 1/4 ounces) pearl couscous
- 4 cups baby tomatoes, (600g, 21 ounces) cut in half
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, (75g, 2 3/4 ounces) pitted, sliced
- 1/2 cup minced shallots, (67g, 2 1/4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, (5g)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, (30ml)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, (120ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, (4g)
- 1 tablespoon sliced basil, (2g)
- black pepper, as needed for seasoning
Bring water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous and reduce heat to a simmer.
Cover and cook until the water is absorbed in the couscous, 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the couscous sit for 5 minutes, and then fluff with a fork.
Combine the cut tomatoes, olives, shallots, garlic, red wine vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
Slowly and carefully add the tomato mixture to the pan.
Saute and cook until to tomatoes are softened and sauce forms, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the cooked couscous, parsley, and basil to the tomatoes, stir to combine.
Taste and season with more salt and pepper as desired.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Israeli Couscous with Tomato and Olives