Chicken with Brown Rice and Avocado Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Chicken with Brown Rice and Avocado" recipe we have found so far.
Chicken with Brown Rice and Avocado
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, quartered (use kitchen scissors or poultry shears to do this)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, roots cleaned and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp each dried oregano, ground cumin and dried chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 6 roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 500ml chicken stock
- Steamed brown rice, sliced avocado, shredded spring onion, micro coriander and canned tomatillo (Mexican tomatoes – from selected grocers), to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and season chicken with salt. Cook chicken pieces, skin-side down, for 6 minutes or until skin is golden. Turn, then cook for a further 4 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.<<
- Add the onion, coriander root and garlic to the same pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minu<tes or until softened. Add dried oregano, spices and tomato paste, and cook, stirring, for< 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add tomato and stir to coat, then add stock and bring to the boil.
- Return chicken to pan, cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour 30 minutes or until chicken is very tender. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Increase heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes to thicken. Season.
- Remove skin from chicken, then shred the meat, discarding bones. Return chicken to sauce, stirring to warm through.
- Serve with rice, avocado, tomatillo, and mixed micro coriander and spring onio
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chicken with Brown Rice and Avocado