- 8 large eggs (can use 6-12 eggs), cold
- 8 cups cold water (for a 3 qt saucepan)
Place cold eggs in a medium stainless steel pot and cover with cold water so water is 1″ above the surface of the eggs. With the lid off, bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
Once at a boil, reduce heat to keep at a medium boil and set a timer for your desired doneness (see chart below).
Prepare your ice water bath and as soon as the timer is done, transfer eggs into ice water so they are fully submerged. Refrigerate eggs once cool and peel when ready to use.
Hard Boiled Eggs Timing Chart:
- Boil 2 min: soft boiled with a liquid center
- Boil 3 min: soft-boiled with a creamy center
- Boil 4-5 min: medium-boiled with a moist, soft center
- Boil 6-7 min: hard-boiled eggs with a soft center
- Boil 8-9 min: hard-boiled eggs with firm dry center
Calories 63 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 1g 6%
Cholesterol 164mg 55%
Sodium 75mg 3%
Potassium 61mg 2%
Carbohydrates 1g 0%
Sugar 1g 1%
Protein 6g 12%
Vitamin A 238IU 5%
Calcium 32mg 3%
Iron 1mg 6%