Poached Leeks Vinaigrette and Pangrattato Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Poached Leeks Vinaigrette and Pangrattato" recipe we have found so far.
Poached Leeks Vinaigrette and Pangrattato
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 6 small-medium leeks
- 150g unsalted butter
- 1 litre good quality fresh vegetable stock (see tip)
For the vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 60ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Squeeze lemon juice
For the pangrattato
- Big glug extra-virgin olive oil
- 80g dried breadcrumbs
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
- Small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Halve the leeks lengthways, then slice each length in half across the width. Rinse (see Know-how) and pat dry. Heat the butter in a large frying pan until melted and foaming, then add the leeks. Cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden in patches. Add the stock and bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to a gentle simmer and cover the surface with a disc of baking paper (known as a cartouche). Poach the leeks for 20-25 minutes until very tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the mustard and vinegar in a bowl or jug, then add the shallot and season well. Whisking continuously, drizzle in the 60ml oil to make a dressing. Add lemon juice to taste. Set aside.
- For the pangrattato, heat a big glug of oil in a small frying pan. Add the breadcrumbs with some seasoning, then cook over a medium heat, stirring, until golden. Toss through the lemon zest and parsley.
- Serve the leeks with a little of the stock, drizzled with the vinaigrette and sprinkled with the pangrattato.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Poached Leeks Vinaigrette and Pangrattato