- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, (60ml)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, (10ml)
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, (4g) optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, (2g)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, (120ml)
- 1 pound flank steak, (454g), or flat iron steak
- Kosher salt, for seasoning
- Black pepper, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, (30ml)
- 4 cups arugula, (75g, 2 ½ ounces), 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, (140g, 5 ounces)
- 2 cups radicchio, (60g, 2 ounces), 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, (160g, 2 ½ ounces), cut in half
- ½ cup thinly sliced cucumber, (72g, 2 ½ ounces)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced radish, (32g, 1 ounce)
- ¼ cup diced red onion, (38g, 1 ¼ ounce)
- 1 medium avocado, sliced or diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, (40g, ¼ ounce)
In a medium bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until it becomes a thickened emulsified dressing.
Dry the surface of the steak with paper towels.
Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until hot. Add the oil, once the oil is hot add the steak. Pressing down into the pan. Cook until the surface is browned, 4 minutes.
Flip the steak and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 120 to 125°F (49 to 52ºC) for medium-rare, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Transfer the steak to a cutting board and rest for 10 minutes. Slice the steak against the grain into ¼-inch thick pieces. Cut smaller if desired.
In a large serving bowl mix together the arugula, romaine, and radicchio.
Top salad with tomatoes, cucumber, radish, onion, steak, avocado, and feta cheese.
Serve steak salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
Calories 615 Calories from Fat 450
% Daily Value*
Fat 50g 77%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Cholesterol 77mg 26%
Sodium 519mg 22%
Potassium 1034mg 30%
Carbohydrates 14g 5%
Fiber 6g 24%
Sugar 6g 7%
Protein 29g 58%
Vitamin A 4865IU 97%
Vitamin C 22.4mg 27%
Calcium 136mg 14%
Iron 3.5mg 19%