Valentine Heart Necklaces Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Valentine Heart Necklaces" recipe we have found so far.
Valentine Heart Necklaces
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Cream 1 cup butter or margarine and 3/4 cup white sugar together. Blend in egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and grated lemon peel. Sift together 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture and blend well. Cover and refrigerate dough for approximately 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Use a floured heart shaped 1 to 2 inch cookie cutter and cut dough into heart shapes. Place the cut-out hearts on greased cookie sheets.
- Using the drinking straw, make a hole at the top center of each heart before baking. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until very lightly browned. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
- To Make Butter Frosting: Mix 3 cups confectioners’ sugar and 1/3 cup butter together. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons milk. Beat until smooth making sure frosting is of spreading consistency. Stir in food coloring to create a pink or red colored frosting, if desired.
- After cookies have cooled, frost and decorate them with nonpareils, sprinkles, dragees, or colored sugar. Use a toothpick to dislodge the hole, if necessary. Let the frosting dry.
- To make a necklace, tie the ends off of two pieces of red colored licorice with a knot. Thread it through the hole at the top center of the cookie. Tie the other ends off with another knot to create a “chain.” Makes approximately 30 heart necklaces.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 27 %
Cholesterol: 19 %
Sodium: 7 %
Potassium: 1 %
Total Carbohydrates: 28 %
Dietary Fiber: 2 %
Protein: 8 %
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Valentine Heart Necklaces