VEGAN OKONOMIYAKI Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "VEGAN OKONOMIYAKI" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 160 grams of cabbage
- 180 grams yamaimo (3-4 inch piece)
- 40 grams fresh shiitake mushrooms (2 large mushrooms, thinly sliced)
- 20 grams scallions (2-3 scallions, chopped)
- 30 grams all-purpose flour (~1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 grams benishoga (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 dried shiitake mushroom
- Stack the cabbage leaves and then roll them together. Use a sharp knife to shred the cabbage into thin strands.
Peel the yamaimo and then grate it. You can also chop it up and add it to a food processor or blender to puree it.
- Add the cabbage, shiitake, and scallions to a large bowl and then toss them together with the flour and salt until evenly coated.
- Add the grated yamaimo and benishoga and mix this together well until it forms a batter.
Heat a griddle or heavy-bottomed frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and spread it around.
Add half of the batter to the pan and use a spatula to give it form it into a round pancake that’s about 3/4-inch thick. Be sure the okonomiyaki is an even thickness and is making good contact with the pan.
- Cover the okonomiyaki with a lid, turn down the heat, and let it steam for 2-3 minutes.
- When the okonomiyaki is partially cooked on top and golden brown on the bottom, flip it over. Cover it back up with the lid and let it steam for another 2-3 minutes.
- When the okonomiyaki is done, plate it and then top it with the condiments.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on VEGAN OKONOMIYAKI