- 1 tablespoon flax egg, (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or non-dairy butter
- 2 bartlett pears, peeled, cored and diced into ¼-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, ground, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup almonds, sliced, plus more for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and line muffin tin with paper liners or grease tin with baking spray if not using a liner.
- In a large bowl, add flaxseed and water to make the flax egg. Stir and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add pears and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, sauté for 7 minutes or until tender but not mushy, set aside to cool.
- Add pumpkin puree, almond milk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla extract to the flax egg. Stir to combine. Carefully place flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg into a sifter and sift over the wet ingredients and stir until just combined, do not overmix.
- Add cooked pears, oats and almonds, lightly stir until just combined. Spoon about 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin tin, or until each liner is filled to the top (they will not overflow when baked).
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely. Enjoy the same day!
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Sodium 179mg 7%
Potassium 53mg 2%
Carbohydrates 27g 9%
Fiber 2g 8%
Sugar 11g 12%
Protein 4g 8%
Vitamin A 2350IU 47%
Vitamin C 0.8mg 1%
Calcium 90mg 9%
Iron 1.3mg 7%