Vegan Pumpkin Muffins Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Vegan Pumpkin Muffins" recipe we have found so far.
Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 tablespoon flax egg, (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or non-dairy butter
- 2 bartlett pears, peeled, cored and diced into ¼-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, ground, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup almonds, sliced, plus more for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and line muffin tin with paper liners or grease tin with baking spray if not using a liner.
- In a large bowl, add flaxseed and water to make the flax egg. Stir and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add pears and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, sauté for 7 minutes or until tender but not mushy, set aside to cool.
- Add pumpkin puree, almond milk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla extract to the flax egg. Stir to combine. Carefully place flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg into a sifter and sift over the wet ingredients and stir until just combined, do not overmix.
- Add cooked pears, oats and almonds, lightly stir until just combined. Spoon about 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin tin, or until each liner is filled to the top (they will not overflow when baked).
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely. Enjoy the same day!
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Vegan Pumpkin Muffins