- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 carrot sliced
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup water or as needed
- 1 cup medium pasta rotini, fusilli or penne
- 2/3 cup packed kale roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pesto optional
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Cook onion in olive oil until tender. Add carrot, celery, beans, seasoning, broth, and water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Add kale and pasta and simmer an additional 8-10 minutes or just until pasta is tender.
If using, stir in 1 tablespoon pesto. Ladle into serving bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 3758IU
Vitamin C: 33mg