Beans and Belly Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Beans and Belly" recipe we have found so far.
Beans and Belly
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient Tags: Cayenne Pepper Clove Garlic dijon mustard dried black-eyed peas fresh parsley leaves fresh water Freshly Ground Black Pepper jalapeno peppers Kosher Salt leaf Olive Oil Red Bell Pepper Red Onion rice vinegar white vinegar whole pork belly
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the Pork Belly:
For the Black Eyed Pea Salad:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (93 degrees C).
- Season pork belly with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Place fat-side down on a piece of parchment paper; fold paper around pork, then wrap in a few layers of foil. Place in a baking dish, fat-side up. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 7 1/2 hours. Let cool completely, still wrapped, then transfer to the refrigerator. Watch Now
- Drain the soaked black-eyed peas and place in a pot with 2 quarts water. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Add bay leaf and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until beans are just tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Drain beans and set aside. Watch Now
- Whisk Dijon mustard, white vinegar, rice vinegar, and oil together in a bowl. Add garlic, onion, jalapeno, and bell pepper. Pour warm beans into the dressing. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne; toss to combine. Wrap salad in plastic wrap and chill to let flavors blend, 8 hours to overnight. Watch Now
- Mix parsley into the salad and taste for seasoning. Watch Now
- Unwrap pork belly; cut into bite-sized chunks. Transfer pieces into a dry pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Watch Now
- Place salad in serving bowls and top with pork belly. Watch Now
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Beans and Belly