Beans and Belly Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Beans and Belly" recipe we have found so far.
Beans and Belly
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient Tags: Cayenne Pepper clove garlic dijon mustard dried black-eyed peas fresh parsley leaves fresh water freshly ground black pepper jalapeno peppers Kosher Salt leaf Olive Oil red bell pepper red onion rice vinegar white vinegar whole pork belly
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the Pork Belly:
For the Black Eyed Pea Salad:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (93 degrees C).
- Season pork belly with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Place fat-side down on a piece of parchment paper; fold paper around pork, then wrap in a few layers of foil. Place in a baking dish, fat-side up. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 7 1/2 hours. Let cool completely, still wrapped, then transfer to the refrigerator. Watch Now
- Drain the soaked black-eyed peas and place in a pot with 2 quarts water. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Add bay leaf and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until beans are just tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Drain beans and set aside. Watch Now
- Whisk Dijon mustard, white vinegar, rice vinegar, and oil together in a bowl. Add garlic, onion, jalapeno, and bell pepper. Pour warm beans into the dressing. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne; toss to combine. Wrap salad in plastic wrap and chill to let flavors blend, 8 hours to overnight. Watch Now
- Mix parsley into the salad and taste for seasoning. Watch Now
- Unwrap pork belly; cut into bite-sized chunks. Transfer pieces into a dry pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Watch Now
- Place salad in serving bowls and top with pork belly. Watch Now
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Beans and Belly